Friday, December 7, 2012

Chocolate Peppermint Candy Cane Cupcake

Chocolate Peppermint Candy Cane Cupcake.....say that three times!!



These are so yummy, this holiday season candy canes run rampant around here, so here is a cute idea, crush some candy canes (I used my robot-coupe/food processor) but when you do it, they may be a little sticky so  add a little bit of powdered sugar when processing them. Once you fill your cupcake holders, sprinkle some of the crushed candy cane onto your chocolate cake batter before baking them. Add a little peppermint extract to your buttercream/frosting (and I mean a little unless you want it to taste like medicine...yuck!) When I fill my decorator bag to pipe on the frosting I just put a line of red butter-cream up the middle of it before filling with the rest of the white to give it a candy cane swirl affect.
Dip or drizzle a mini candy cane with chocolate to top it off :0) Cute and delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment