Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My first Quinceanera cake!

This was one cake that I was very nervous about, and was so relieved to be done. It was ALOT of cake, and ALOT of detail! I made the goblet with rice crispy treat and modeling chocolate. (which is now a new favorite of mine!!) If you make it right, it is awesome to use!! (needless to say my first batch, not so good!)
One thing though, I made a lot of the details with brown fondant, but the modeling chocolate was white, so when I went to paint the goblet it was a much brighter gold than the fondant details. I had initially worried about that, but thought it would be fine once painted, but apparently the Gold gloss did not cover it enough.
 I added a little brown color to the gold and it deepened the gold color. So, needless to say, next time I will just make dark modeling chocolate!


Now, a couple days after I had someone else come to me for a Quinceanera cake, but they want a fountain in it! Imagine that!

1 comment:

  1. I think it looks great! Can't go wrong with chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete