Thursday, January 22, 2015

Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Cake!

So what a better way to bring back my blog, then to post something super yummy! I posted this one on my old blog awhile back when I thought I would try using my blog page from my website, and well, lets just say this simple minded momma still loves blogger! So I am back on here, and so I don't lose my old blogs and recipes I will repost them on this one periodically. If you followed the blog on my website, it will soon start redirecting to this page, so now I can actually start posting more often again :0) 
OMahhhGoodness!! That's all I can say. Soooo good. I have seen a few recipe's before for similar things, and this morning my youngest wakes me up (we were sleeping in for once!) and she say's, "mommy, aren't you going to get up and make something yummy for breakfast??" My husband had mention cinnamon rolls this week, and that is my daughters favorite, but I was so not in the mood to make cinnamon roll dough, wait for it to rise, roll it out, fill, cut, let rise...and so on. So Kylee and I gathered our ingredients to make something a little more simple and quicker. So, we mixed and mixed and poured, and then cuddled up on the couch and watched cartoons while it baked for 30 minutes.  Now, this isn't a healthy recipe by any means, kinda one of those special occasion or special treat for breakfast mornings!
Try it out, and let me know what you think!!
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish.
Gather your cake ingredients:
3 Cups AP flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter (melted)
Whisk the dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl mix the milk eggs and vanilla together. Pour liquid mixture into dry mixture while whisking until fully incorporated. Then slowly pour the butter into mixture while whisking until you have a smooth batter. Do not over beat. Pour into 9x13 baking dish. Now prepare brown sugar topping.
Cinnamon-brown sugar topping:
3/4 cup butter (melted)
1 cup brown sugar
2 TBSP flour
1 TBSP cinnamon
Mix all above ingredients together until smooth. Drop by large spoon fulls on batter. Use a butter knife and swirl mixture around in cake batter.
Bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes.
Cream cheese frosting:
3 ounce cream cheese
1 ounce butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
Beat frosting ingredients together and spread over hot cake. Serve immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment