Monday, January 26, 2015

My big UGLY green smoothie!

So, I love, love, love making a good protein smoothie in the morning, or after a good workout, but most of the time they are really just plain ugly looking!  It doesn't bother me, but when I make them for my kids, I usually have to try to dress them up a little bit, or use certain fruits to make a good color.

This is my smoothie recipe this morning, I forgot to get a picture of it after it was made, but well, that is where my Ugly smoothie title came from today. It was delish, but not pretty!



1 TBSP raw shelled hemp seeds
1 ripe banana
1 TBSP chia seeds
1 cup raw kale
1/2 cup water
1/8 cup greek yogurt
5 frozen strawberries

Throw in the blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds very healthy and I think I need to give it a whirl in my blender!

    ReplyDelete