Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Gluten Free powerballs

So, here is an oldie but goody. I just LOVE powerballs and so do my kids. School is back in session and these are perfect before, during, and after school treats! My son doesn't like to eat super early so these are great to throw in his bag for school. I'm always trying to make him take a banana or something, but these are packed full of goodness, they are great. (and great for mom who needs a pick me up here or there during the day as well!)

I used about: 1 cup Gluten Free Oats,  1/3 cup ground flax seed, 1/3 cup organic unsweetened shredded coconut, 3 TBSP virgin organic coconut oil, 1 tsp cinnamon, 2 TBSP honey, 1/2 cup gluten free peanut butter, 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, and 1 1/2 TBSP chia seeds
Now above I put "I used about" because that's just it, there really isn't a set amount  you have to go by. You just need to have the right ratio of wet-to-dry ingredients for binding purposes. 


 Put all of your ingredients in a large mixing bowl.


Start mixing....
until well blended.....
scoop with cookie scoop onto parchment (or you can use a spoon if you don't have a scoop and roll into balls) I let them sit for about 30 minutes.
These power balls were still pretty soft and sticky, so I put some more of the flake coconut in a baggie, dropped a few balls in....

....and shook until coated.


Now see how long they last!




No comments:

Post a Comment