Monday, January 21, 2013

Did you say "Bacon Cupcakes" ?...

Yes, Yes, I know it has been forever since I have sat down to post, and well this one is going to be a quickie, but I have to get started again somehow. I'm going to start with something not really on the healthy side, but ohhhh so delicious. I got a phone call the other day for some "bacon cupcakes". So what did I do, I made some bacon cupcakes. Chocolate cake, maple butter cream, and candied bacon sprinkled on top! You might need to run extra on the treadmill for these babies, but they are so worth it. Take a look at these!

If you want to try your hand at candied bacon, try this easy two ingredient recipe:
(oh, and definitely eat in moderation, don't even try to make more than a few pieces, because trust me, you will not be able to resist eating them all!)

Line a small pan with foil.
lay out a few pieces of bacon.
Coat one side with brown sugar, then turn over and coat the other side with brown sugar.
Bake about 10 minutes (my convection I set about 325)
Take out, turn over, and bake another 5 minutes.
Take out turn over again, and another 5 minutes.
Keep doing this process until it is done to your liking.
When done, take out of hot pan and lay out on a piece of clean parchment to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment