Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Vegetable fried Quinoa

 I wrote earlier about Quinoa the other day, so for lunch yesterday I decided to make my own Vegetable Fried Quinoa.

I started cooking my quinoa according to directions, and while it was cooking I chopped up some carrot, onion, garlic, and green pepper. (totally wish I had some mushrooms!) I threw them on the grill and sauteed them for a bit. Towards the end I added some spinach leaves.


Once the quinoa is cooked  I add it to the vegetable mixture on the grill.

I beat on egg, and one egg white together and then poured it over top the quinoa mixture and using a large spatula, I fold and turn the mixture together until eggs are fully incorporated and cooked. I sprinkled some worcestershire sauce, a little salt and pepper, and Voila.....Vegetable fried Quinoa!



Now that was an awesome and delicious filling lunch, even my husband liked it! (and he isn't quite into anything whole grain, or that has a hint of healthy to it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment