Monday, February 2, 2015

Guilt Free Flourless Chocolate chip protein blond brownie


OK, so I have a treat for you!! If you need a little sweet fix, without all the guilt, then this is a great recipe, loaded with proteins, and low in fat without all the refined sugars. I tried it on my family (they are my best critics!) 
I told them before we ate it, not to expect it to be super sweet, since it does not have any sugar in it. They took a bite, gobbled it down, and asked for another peice! Then when my kids asked if they could take it to school for a snack the next day, I was super excited. I love finding recipes like this to add to my box of Kirby family approved recipes! I had found a recipe awhile back and altered it a little bit to my liking (and my pantry supply) For example, the original called for peanut butter, and all I had was Almond butter, so I used it and it turned out great, so don't be scared to change it up!

This only takes a few minutes to throw together, and about 30 minutes to bake. You can make them thinner in a square 8x8 pan, or round like mine in a 8" round (thicker)

Get your food processor out and add these ingredients:
1 cup Almond butter (again, you can use any nut butter, or seed butter here)
1/3 cup honey (agave or maple syrup)
1 egg
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp soda
1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
1 tsp vanilla

Now hit the start button, and blend until smooth.
Take the blade out and stir in 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I left a few out to sprinkle on top)
Pour into prepared pan and bake about 30 minutes or until your tester comes out clean.


2 comments:

  1. Looks interesting and tasty! Did you add choc-chips to the batter or just sprinkle on top?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually did both, it calls for half a cup, so I stirred in most of them and saved a tablespoon or two to sprinkle on top.

    ReplyDelete