Wednesday, February 11, 2015

You color my world Valentine!


So Valentines day is 3 days away, so I thought it would be fun to show you some valentine ideas for your kiddos. We LOVE making homemade valentines, well, I should say my girls and I love to. My oldest is past that stage now! I didn't get pics of all the steps,  but it is super easy.

What you need:

~silicone mold with shapes you want them to be (we had ice cube flower molds that we used)
~different color crayons (new or old)
~baking sheet
~construction paper
~Mounting foam circles, or glue dots
~marker

Directions:
~preheat your oven at 250
~Chop up old crayons in little pieces,  pick out your colors carefully so you get the right color contrast you want. (my oldest daughter was very particular about those!)
~have your child fill silicone molds with crayon pieces all the way to the top, they love this part:0) (they will condense down when melting so don't be scared to overfill a little)
~put silicone mold on baking sheet and put in oven for about 15-25 minutes, until completely melted.
~once melted set on counter for about 15 minutes to cool, then in freezer for another 15 minutes
~when you take them out run some warm water over the back of your mold for a minute and then pop them out! Now aren't they adorable!!!

~OK, now the other part is just as easy. Decide what shape you want your paper part to be and cut out your shapes.
~Now write your saying around the edges, for example we chose: "You color my world Valentine!"
~I wrote the sayings for my daughter on the front side, while she signed her name on the back and wrote a note to each of her friends. Make sure to have your child do that before attaching the crayon mold.
~Next, she pulled off the foam mounting circles and stuck them to the back of the crayons, then pulled off backing and stuck them to the paper cutouts.

Simple and easy! Stay tuned for my other daughters valentines: Lips and Mustaches!


No comments:

Post a Comment