Wednesday, November 7, 2012

PECANS


                                                                         PECANS!!!

So my mom brought me a bag of goodies tonight, and it was full of pecans!! I have a fond memory of going to a pecan orchard with my family and friends when I was younger and collecting so many bags of pecans. Learning the art of cracking them, so they didn't get crushed inside, and being so delighted when you actually could pull the nut out whole, it was like winning a prize!

DID YOU KNOW??

   ~Pecans contain more than 19 vitamins and minerals including:
                – vitamin A
                -  vitamin E
                -  folic acid
                -  calcium
                -  magnesium
                -  phosphorus
                -  potassium,
                -  several B vitamins and zinc.

One ounce of pecans provides 10 percent of the recommended Daily Value for fiber.

Just a few fun facts to think about when you indulge yourself with a slice of pecan pie this holiday season!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I never knew pecans were that good for me. Takes guilt out the upcoming holiday eats!

    ReplyDelete