Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Yep, it's Flax time again!

So, during this holiday season, we can still eat healthy, and it can still taste great! Again, I use my favorite substitute of ground flax for my eggs, and then substituted applesauce for the butter.

**Reminder: 1 egg=  1 TBSP of ground flax mixed w/3 TBSP water


                                         


I took my whole wheat chocolate chip muffin recipe and substituted the eggs with flax, and the butter with applesauce, added DARK CHOCOLATE chips, and cranberries (even better!....and even more antioxidants!) Oh and of course sprinkle with extra whole flax seeds, giving it a nuttier flavor. They were delicious, and popped with even more flavor as you bit into one and got the mixture of dark chocolate and cranberry......YUMMMM......and guilt free!



                                  

2 comments:

  1. So, no dairy and no eggs, could then be classified as vegan? These would be great for my son's girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. almost, it does have milk, but you could substitute it with Almond or soy milk?

      Delete